SJOW colors other than black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramegabob

does anyone know where you can get SJOW in colors other than black in bulk or by the foot? I picked up some nifty female cord caps that lock the male prongs in place and I would like to make some custom length cords. or would it be cheaper to just buy a pre-made cord and cut the female end off?

ultramegabob

wireguru said:
how much are you looking for? Would SJTW be ok?

Im not sure how much, need to know the cost first. I bought 5 locking females, just looking to replace some ratty cords that are probly going to become sort cords... I think SJTW is what I was intending to look for in the first place:D

wireguru

lowes has SJTW in grey (spools only i think) it costs ALOT more than their SJOW -i never could understand that place. what color did you want? what ga? about how many feet?

ultramegabob

I would like to make a 150' 10-3 and a 75' 12-3 and maybe a few others in oddball lengths, any color would be fine, it would be nice if it was an unusual color or had a tracer just for identification purposes.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You used to be able to buy "Polar / Solar" cord (SJEOW?) in a lot of different colors, even hot pink and lime green. Carol cable made it at one time, but Google only finds it in Coleman cordsets, so maybe it's not available in bulk any more.

Try marine supply houses though, they often have different colors because people on boats use the colors for different applications.

ultramegabob

I was just looking up my favorite extension cord i have, it is a FrogHide, online it says it is SJOW, so I think thats what I want to shoot for...

ultramegabob

I may wind up just using black SJOW and install several inches of colored heat shrink tube at the ends of the cord starting just under the clamp on the cord caps.

HighWirey

480sparky said:
We have shirts?

No free tees' here. That offer is from the 'other forum'. Musta been too early, or too late in the day . . .

Woke up as soon as I hit "Submit Reply".

Almost knew someone here would pick up on the faux paux.

Best Wishes Everyone

JohnJ0906

HighWirey said:
Maybe we should get Mike to offer a free tee?

Oh, he is the one who does not need the notoriety. Mike can squeeze 100 posts from a locknut . . .

Best Wishes Everyone

Still waiting for the stickers.... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.