small appliance circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireperson

just 2 questions:
2.the NEC requires 2 circuits for small appliances in kitchen , now what if I have a small kitchen with 3 GFI's only , do I still need the 2 circuits? it's a very small kitchen.
1. I'm pulling pool lights and Home owner had a few rolls of wire #8 black , the
question is if I can pull this black # 8 and tape it green at the pool j box and pool wet niche or I need GREEN # 8 , . . .Code reference for this please.

raider1

Staff member
2.the NEC requires 2 circuits for small appliances in kitchen , now what if I have a small kitchen with 3 GFI's only , do I still need the 2 circuits? it's a very small kitchen.

The NEC requires 2 small appliance branch circuits to feed a kitchen countertop space no matter how small the kitchen.

1. I'm pulling pool lights and Home owner had a few rolls of wire #8 black , the
question is if I can pull this black # 8 and tape it green at the pool j box and pool wet niche or I need GREEN # 8 , . . .Code reference for this please.

EGC's #6 and smaller must be identified with a continious green color, you can't phase tape a black #8 green. Take a look at 250.119.

Bonding conductors for equipotential bonding don't need to be identified with a green marking.

Chris

iMuse97

just 2 questions:

the SABC (small appliance branch circuit) requirement is not dependent on the number of receptacles, assuming, as a "for instance", that even in a small kitchen people are still very likely to use the receptacles for multiple appliances that have relatively large amperage draw. See 210.52 (B)all of it, and 210.52(C)

As to the pool, 680.6 680.21(A)(1), 680.23(F)(2), and 680.25(B) and 680.26 give some instruction but you need to determine whether you have to provide the equipotential bond (#8, solid, bare, copper required in our area), or whether you need an GEC, which would be sized per requirements of 250...

Status
Not open for further replies.