small work light for above ceiling jobs...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I followed fullthrottle's recommendation to get a Surefire Maximus rechargeable headlamp, and it's the best light ever. You can dial it down from low enough to just illuminate pathways and it lasts forever, and dial it up to 500 lumens for wicked illumination.

They're expensive at around $200. I lost my first one, and bought another. I lost that one, and my wife declared I wouldn't buy another, and she bought me two different cheap headlamps, that I tried to use until... I found both of the surefire headlamps under the seats in different vehicles. SO now I have two, and I take one everywhere I go for work. Fully adjustable and rechargeable are the best features, and they're pretty comfortable to wear.

they do get warm when you run them full bright.

don't feel bad about mislaying them. i have three, for that reason.

Djusr721

Milwaukee lanterns

Milwaukee lanterns

My company recently switched to Milwaukee products. The octagon shaped lantern has high and low settings which are nice and bright but burn the battery (18v)up in about 4 hours plus its a little on the heavy side. They also make a cylindrical shaped lantern that has a slimmer ,lighter weight design with a split semi rotating hook/handle so you can hang it on pipe or strut. It has 3 light level settings. Originally the light comes with the leds facing in one direction but after owning it for almost a year I discovered if you twist the circle at the base the leds will form a circle pattern providing 360 degrees of illumination. Added feature: it has a USB connection to charge phones!!

Attachments

• m 18 light.jpg
    m 18 light.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
The octagon shaped lantern has high and low settings which are nice and bright but burn the battery (18v)up in about 4 hours plus its a little on the heavy side.

Yeah, what's up with the battery usage? I figure it's LED, the thing should last for way longer.

My Makita LED flashlight barely used any juice. When my drill stopped working on the dead battery I could still put the battery in the flashlight and get another hour of light out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.