Smart Solutions for Relocating Lighting Control Modules and Electrical Panels in a High-End Residence

HelloWill

New User
Occupation
Project Management
Hey everyone,
I’m in the process of renovating a large estate’s basement and need some advice on the smartest way to relocate and hide a few lighting control modules (Lutron QSX series) and several electrical panels. My goal is to remove these from the basement walls to open up the space, but I’ve hit a few challenges and could use some fresh ideas.
Here’s the situation:
  • Existing Setup: The lighting control modules (Lite Touch) and electrical panels in the basement feed various rooms throughout the house, including different floors. I’d like to move these panels to a central location (like a hidden electrical room), or worst case, hide them in the ceiling or a wall.
  • Wiring Limitations: The wires currently feeding these panels aren’t long enough to simply relocate, so we’re considering options to either pull new wire or leverage a more modern solution.
  • Modern Options?: I’m wondering if anyone has experience using wireless controllers or power-line communication (PLC) for situations like this? I’d love to reduce the amount of rewiring necessary while still maintaining the functionality and integrity of the system. I’ve also heard of using smart load controllers to minimize disruption.
Goal: The ultimate goal is to open up the basement for finishing, but we need to do this in a way that’s compliant with NEC (this is a residential property), future-proof, and aesthetically clean. I’d love to hear about any modern products, solutions, or ideas you’ve used for projects like this!

Any tips, ideas, or experiences would be super helpful.

Thanks!

basement-lighting-modules-and-panels.png