smokes and paddlefan minimum distances apart and to air registers

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardrichman

I'd like to double check; I'll be installing smokes and paddle fans in a residential bedroom; and I know there's a minimum distance apart for each; and to a heat-a/c register for both fans and detectors. I'de thought It might be 3ft from tip of fan blade and edge of smoke to a heat/a/c register, also is a smoke 3ft from bath door valid measure minimum; besides the 10ft max for smokes from bedroom door?

Please reply; Thanks
HR...

luckylerado

3' from the fan blade tip, 3' from the supply air register and located outside of the direct airflow, and 3' from the bathroom door if it has a shower unless the smoke is listed for the space.

All found in NFPA 72 29.8.3.4

howardrichman

3' from the fan blade tip, 3' from the supply air register and located outside of the direct airflow, and 3' from the bathroom door if it has a shower unless the smoke is listed for the space.

All found in NFPA 72 29.8.3.4

These bedrooms have ducts throughout center areas of there ceilings. I can move smoke away, but not paddle fans, unless heating contractor can move all there ducts in all the small bedrooms, and would be impossible to keep from direct air flow in small bedroom. I'm not sure if a Kidde ion smoke is rated for damp location.

Status
Not open for further replies.