So how would you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

Say you have to put an AC unit on a roof, and no way to pipe it from the panel due to framing and amount of bends. So cable is the method of choice, but how would you make the change to pipe above the roof line?

So how would you do it?

iwire

Staff member
Knowing that Mark does a lot of dwelling unit renovation I am guessing a inaccessible attic / upper floor ceiling situation.

Can you cable to a spot upstairs where you can mount a flush Square box with a two gang ring and blank on it. In this box change from cable to LFMC or other raceway up to the disconect?

e57

iwire said:
Knowing that Mark does a lot of dwelling unit renovation I am guessing a inaccessible attic / upper floor ceiling situation.

Bingo Bob! For the record I do about 50-50, (Resi Com) depending on the market at the time.

This one is our mayors house formerly, a hi end level 5 finish type job. Openings in the cieling will be frowned apon.

I used to.... Cable to a fitting at the end of coduit and make the switch there. And although I have been doing that for years with no problem, and probhably could still, I recentley found out that it would violate 300.15(F). Funny what you find out on forums like this. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking I may have to have them build a little wall on the roof, or some type of pedistal on the roof. Would be neat if something was made for the purpose?

Minuteman

parking lot/deck cable

parking lot/deck cable

infinity said:
I would use parking lot/deck cable. It's a covered MC cable that listed for wet locations and is sunlight resistant, etc. Take a look at the link below. AFC claims that it can be used just about anywhere.

http://www.afcweb.com/prod-cat.htm
Trevor - I have never heard of parking lot/deck cable. That stuff sounds too cool. I could sure put it use in many applications! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.