Software reccomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis0101

I hope some of you can help me by recommending software. I am a Memphis/Shelby county electrical inspector. We are looking into getting laptops in our vehicle to make scheduling and entering results of inspections more 21st century friendly (trying to reduce paper use). We will receive our dispatched inspections for the day; we will have access to all permit information including fees, description of work, results of previous inspections, building history, and so on and so on.
My question is; does anyone know of any software that might be helpful to an electrical inspector that I could recommend to be installed on the laptop? I have had trouble finding software that is more inspector friendly and less of an engineer?s tool.
I know the NEC would be a good start. But are there any other software tools that would useful (i.e. load calculation program)?

Thanks
Elvis0101

masterinbama

I'll try to remember to ask our inspector today what they use. They all seem to like it, and I like the fact I get real time info on my laptop as to pass, fail , fix this before final etc.

Elvis0101

Thank you Masterinbama, Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I guess were are looking at Lap-tops, blackberrys, or PDA's that we plug into a "redhat" (vehicle mounted 9" keyboard and screen). I'm on the commitee to figure out what would be best. Any advice here would also be appreciated.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.