Sol-Ark pipe work offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunkel

Occupation
Solar Contractor
Greetings all,

We have been installing Sol-Arks for the battery projects we install and I'm wondering who has a solution for the knock outs being 10'' away from wall?

We have built off the wall with strut to bring gutter out, used flex, heated conduit and wondering what others have done that is clean and easy?
Pics would be great if you have something or a vote of which solution has been best for you.

BackCountry

Electrician
Occupation
Licensed Electrician and General Contractor
Greetings all,

We have been installing Sol-Arks for the battery projects we install and I'm wondering who has a solution for the knock outs being 10'' away from wall?

We have built off the wall with strut to bring gutter out, used flex, heated conduit and wondering what others have done that is clean and easy?
Pics would be great if you have something or a vote of which solution has been best for you.

I’ve ran into the same problem, we usually use 6x6 gutters on storage jobs, and that’ll leave you sorely unhappy. My solution has been to use 10x10x18 gutter to capture the Solark and then butt in a 6x6 after that and use a 3” chase nipple between them.

WaveGuide

If you can use both sides of the wall at least for some connections, then one way is thru the wall via a right angle conduit body.

Another way is to use a 45 combined with a right angle conduit body to the side.

Also you can use two 45s coupled together to simultaniously project out from the wall and do a vertically offset (up or down) to the right side of the Sol-Ark.

I agree with you! Where they put these holes means it's a challenge piping to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.