Solar connection options grid-tied

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccpanel

Occupation
Apprentice electrician
I am interested in all opinions and will take any advice.
i will try to provide as (too much) information as possible to get accurate help.

Heres the situation. I will try to explain it.
power from grid comes into a 400amp meter panel-red
dark blue is 200a feedthrough lug panels with 6 extra spaces
pink is CH 200a house panel full all electric
grey is sub panel i had to put in garage cause DPO did dumb stuff in garage at remodel. its on the end of the house with the carport solar panels.

red box is in shop getting feed from one of teh blue feedthrough panels its a feedthrough box too
it fees a 125a breaker in 1 of the 6 spaces for the light blue apartment box for a small 800' part-time visitor MIL apartment.
green box is just a 24 space panel for circuits on that side of the shop
purple box is using feedthrough lugs from red shop box to be a 24 space panel on other side of shop.

feedthru boxes are 200A eaton box with 200A main and 6 breaker slots and feedthrough lugs. 200A buss bar
200a CH panel with no main breaker. all electric house.

shop feed is 100 feet through 4/0 alum wire

there are 40-300w panels on the shop roof using solaredge optimizers and inverter(not connected yet)

there are 18-330w panels on the house carport using micros.
there are 12-330w panels on the pool equipment using micros.

how and where can i put the solar breakers to backfeed? I know put at opposite end of grid power on buss bar. im asking more which panel to feed the solar into. or panels.
no permits in this area, no jurisdiction.

i have a drawing but dont know how to attach it.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
This site is designed for:
  • Electrical Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice. The forum is intended to assist electricians, electrical contractors, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of our job-related tasks.
Forum rules prohibit us from assisting a person to perform or assist others to do electrical work who are not qualified. Mike Holt Enterprises and the Moderators of this Forum do not wish to place you and your family in danger, by allowing others to give you too little information to ensure that the installation is safe.
Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.