Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems 690.31 (B) Identification and Grouping

marcelo

Hello Fellow Electricians,
I have a situation where I want to use an existing PVC conduit that feeds a 100A sub-panel located in the garage, (where the solar panels will be installed), to run the phase combiner output back to the main house, where it will be connected to the main electrical panel.
690.31 (B) describes the grouping of "DC" circuits and other non PV systems, in my case here, it is NOT "DC", the solar panels are fitted with micro-inverters that will be grouped in three branches in #12NM cable coming down from the roof into a phase combiner where the output will be carried by a set of #6 THHN back to the main panel with all the proper protection/equipment.

Question:
  1. Am I aloud to run the phase combiner (solar output) on the same raceway as the garage feeder?
I'd appreciate your comments...

TIA
Marcelo

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Hello Fellow Electricians,
I have a situation where I want to use an existing PVC conduit that feeds a 100A sub-panel located in the garage, (where the solar panels will be installed), to run the phase combiner output back to the main house, where it will be connected to the main electrical panel.
690.31 (B) describes the grouping of "DC" circuits and other non PV systems, in my case here, it is NOT "DC", the solar panels are fitted with micro-inverters that will be grouped in three branches in #12NM cable coming down from the roof into a phase combiner where the output will be carried by a set of #6 THHN back to the main panel with all the proper protection/equipment.

Question:
  1. Am I aloud to run the phase combiner (solar output) on the same raceway as the garage feeder?
I'd appreciate your comments...

TIA
Marcelo
Yes.