solar power license

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
That would depend on the licensing statutes in your area. The licensing rules vary widely from area to area.

Chris

tacomafc

I took a course in new york at famingdale college. I think the license is nacap. In new York there is also a great school called electrical training center and there is a corse starting soon.

dereckbc

Staff member
What is a solar power license called and what do they have for test preperation?
Well I have done quite a bit of work designing solar PV systems in a few states in the Southwest and looking to expand a bit and researched this.

So far I have not found any jurisdiction that requires any license to install solar systems per se. All I have found is it takes a licensed electrician to install Solar PV, or at least the from the inverter onward.

Now there is certifications issued by NACAP, but it is just that a certification. With that certification and a $1 bill you can go to any restaurant get a cup of coffee and might strike up a conversation. Otherwise I have not found any other requirements beyond a licensed electrician to do the work and in some jurisdictions stamped engineering drawings are required.

Don?t take my statement that there is not any place that requires a special license or certifications, I just have not found any as of yet.

raider1

Staff member
Utah requires a Solar Photovoltaic Contractor's license to install photovoltaic equipment.

You must have a certain amout of training and certification to qualify for this license. You can't install a photovoltaic system with just a general electrical contractors license anymore.

Chris

c_picard

NABCEP ctification as of right nowis voluntary, however many utility companies and state leg's require this to enter into an intertie agreemment. sorrry for spelling my keyboard is screwwd up.

charles

currently installing PV in NY state

Status
Not open for further replies.