Solar, Subpanels and Breakers

spacemancw

New User
Occupation
Network Engineer
I have 2 questions, about my current set up and future setup.

1.)
I have 28 x 305W solar panels going into a SolarEdge 7600H grid-tied inverter.
The Inverter comes into the main panel on a 40a breaker, which sits in the very bottom slot of the busbar.
I also have sub-panel, ( HOM1224L125PC rated 125a ) that comes off the main panel. I have a 2-pole 100a breaker in the main panel feeding that sub-panel, over 3AWG wire.
My first question is, does the position of that 100a breaker in the main, matter?
Currently from the top down I have :
200a main breaker,
30a (incoming gas generator, in off position with interlock switch)
50a to barn and pool equipment
100a to sub-panel
a few more breakers
etc
etc
lastly, the 40a Solar.

I was wondering if the sub-panel should be further down, or right above the solar breaker.

2.)
My next question would render the first moot, if I go this way.
I am considering getting battery backup for the solar and doing AC coupling.
So the SolarEdge inverter would come into the sub-panel .. or in this case we'll call it a critical loads panel.
As I said that panel is rated 125a.
Then from the critical loads panel to a new hybrid inverter (EG12kpv), and then from the new inverter to the main panel.
And then batteries hanging off the EG12k.

So that new hybrid inverter would enter the main panel on a 40a breaker (8 AWG I think) because the 120% rule would still apply to the main breaker.
My question is can I feed the SolarEdge into the Critical loads panel on a 40a breaker?

28 x 305W Solar Panels > SE 7600H > 40a breaker > Critical Loads Panel (Rated 125amps) > EG12k > 40a breaker > Main Panel (Rated 200amps) <> Grid
Note: at this point that 3AWG wire from the subpanel to the 100a breaker in the main panel, would no longer be in play and I would take away the gas generator input from the main panel.