solar water pump disconnect point for generator hook up

kscowdr

Occupation
electrican
Do you know the electrical code for these Solar Pumps? Currently, we require for these hybrid systems that are using the Grundfos SQ-FLex PUmps (where they want the option of using a generator and they don't want to buy the 101 switch...........................We have Solar panels - Disconnect - Weather Proof Electrical Plug - Controller - Pump..............................We have a contractor who is arguing, saying it should be Solar Panels - Weather Proof Plug - Disconnect - Controller - Pump..........Do you know who is right? Basically where should the Plug be located?

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I'm pretty sure I agree with you. Although perhaps if the plug is load-break rated and under 30A, no disconnect is necessary at all. I'm assuming the plug is what is used to switch the power source, otherwise I'm a bit unclear on the setup.

PV disconnecting requirements are found in 690.13 and 690.15.

kscowdr

Occupation
electrican
I'm pretty sure I agree with you. Although perhaps if the plug is load-break rated and under 30A, no disconnect is necessary at all. I'm assuming the plug is what is used to switch the power source, otherwise I'm a bit unclear on the setup.

PV disconnecting requirements are found in 690.13 and 690.15.
thank you , yes the plug is what is used to switch the power source