Sometimes it doesn't pay to show up for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Christopherson

It is a funny picture, but I hate it when people (not you, the person that created the picture) try to present a photoshopped picture as real (via the caption). The mistake the person made here, as well as the parashoot picture was that they got the scale of the two images wrong. In this case, the shark would be about 40 feet long. In the other one, the man would be the size of a child. (I do a lot of photoshop work for my day job, and I frequently do tricks like this for legitimate reasons.)

zog

Quint estimated the shark in Jaws was about 40 feet in length. "And when that sharks eyes roll abck into its head, black eye, lifeless eye, the screams could be heard across the water"

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Rick Christopherson said:
It is a funny picture, but I hate it when people (not you, the person that created the picture) try to present a photoshopped picture as real (via the caption). The mistake the person made here, as well as the parashoot picture was that they got the scale of the two images wrong. In this case, the shark would be about 40 feet long. In the other one, the man would be the size of a child. (I do a lot of photoshop work for my day job, and I frequently do tricks like this for legitimate reasons.)
You took all the fun out of it...:grin: Now the dude is in double trouble

ry%3D300

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Besides, that is the base structure of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, CA, near the Marin Headlands.

Here is the original photo of an Air Force training exercise near the GGB.
helicopter.jpg

Here is the picture of the Great White shark shot off the South African coast.
shark.jpg

480sparky

Jraef said:
Besides, that is the base structure of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, CA, near the Marin Headlands.

Here is the original photo of an Air Force training exercise near the GGB.

Here is the picture of the Great White shark shot off the South African coast.

Your links don't work..... ;)

bcorbin

The work those guys did with the Great Whites off the coast of South Africa was very intriguing.

I've wondered why they don't experiment with finishes and patterns (stripes, polka-dots, whatever) on the tow seals until they find one the sharks will not attack, recognizing it to be a fake.

It seems a simple progression to then make surfers' wetsuits out of that pattern.

However, I'm sure some Darwin-proving surfers would still choose not to wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.