Sourceone lighting- outrageous contract language

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was contacted by SourceOne lighting to perform a LED retrofit however their contract is unconscionable.
They demand full waiver of lien prior to payment. They refuse to a conditional waiver upon payment.

This type of tactic is becoming all too commonplace.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I was contacted by SourceOne lighting to perform a LED retrofit however their contract is unconscionable.
They demand full waiver of lien prior to payment. They refuse to a conditional waiver upon payment.

if you do not want to abide by the terms they want than don't bid on their projects. there is nothing unconscionable about what they are asking for at all. you are not being forced to accept those terms. you are free to just reject the project and move on.

Yea ,I won't work under those terms and it is unconscionable to ask such.
SourceOne is nobody special, the only reason someone asks for such is for leverage.

I am moving on.
Just putting it out there for those who read this forum out of some fluke someone listens. If enough of us contractors call these sheistets out on this stuff maybe they will stop including such.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
if you do not want to abide by the terms they want than don't bid on their projects. there is nothing unconscionable about what they are asking for at all. you are not being forced to accept those terms. you are free to just reject the project and move on.

To a large extent I can agree with what you say, even if I hate it, however, there is something unconscionable and possibly illegal about forcing you to sign an unconditional waiver before receiving payment that states you have been paid in full.

To a large extent I can agree with what you say, even if I hate it, however, there is something unconscionable and possibly illegal about forcing you to sign an unconditional waiver before receiving payment that states you have been paid in full.

Unfortunately in Ca it is not illegal to be stupid and sign such,however I agree it is still unconscionable.
This is business, a company is just preying on a contractor that does not take the time to read the documents.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Tell them that you are willing to have them meet you at your office and you will exchange a signature for a check in person. Have your biggest employee be the door man in case they try to run without giving you the check. :D

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.