speaker wiring for a distributed 70V. system

Status
Not open for further replies.

afigeac

Securing and supporting a speaker cables in an existing building. NEC 300-11 is not clear to me if a small audio cable can be ty wrap to the grid support wires. .NEC does not make any reference to plenum rated raceways in articles 725,760,780 and 830 as the author's comments. My problem is that The Osceola County School distict do not want me to attach the small cable from the grid suppot wires. To comply to the inspector we need to do a very complex retrofit that was not included in the contract. Any sugesstions?
Adolfo

mikeackley

Re: speaker wiring for a distributed 70V. system

afigeac: For sound systems and the answer to your question, read Article 640 carefully -- It will be your guide.

What I read: 640.6 points to 300.11 which applies to all 640 wiring. 300.11(A)-- ceiling grid support wires can't be used as sole means of support.

mikeackley

As an afterthought, have you considered using a wire messenger as means of support? A wire or cable secured to the building structure at both ends should be permitted.

[ March 28, 2003, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: mikeackley ]

bdaddycr1

Get yourself some grid wire and hang it for yourself, attach batwings w\bridal rings, or tie wrap to the wire for single runs

Status
Not open for further replies.