Splicing grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Contractor
So I have a GE powermark plus load center, the neutrals are double tapped with most of the grounds on the left bus bar. Is there any code against splicing the grounds and running them to the right bus bar? I would appreciate any information. Thanks

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Welcome to the forum. What type of contractor are you?

Make sure it's okay for the grounds and neutrals to share the same bus(es) in this instance.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
So I have a GE powermark plus load center, the neutrals are double tapped with most of the grounds on the left bus bar. Is there any code against splicing the grounds and running them to the right bus bar? I would appreciate any information. Thanks
You can splice several EGC's together and pigtail off to the bus. You cannot do the same with several neutrals.

Occupation
Contractor
Welcome to the forum. What type of contractor are you?

Make sure it's okay for the grounds and neutrals to share the same bus(es) in this instance.
I'm a General contractor. I've have plenty experience in electrical but im not as farmiliar with the NEC as most of the people on this forum😅. This instance IS the main service disconnect if that's what you're asking.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The forum rules do not allow us to assist those not in the electrical trades perform electrical work.

This site is designed for:

• Electrical Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
* This NEC� Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.