Splicing SE cable at drip loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
top of what? If the pole has primary conductors at top and secondary conductors down lower I'm guessing you maybe want it 3' from the secondary conductors and keep it away from primary conductors period.
Top of a meter pole.
Around here customers services don’t go on primary poles unless it’s POCO CT metering.

kwired

Electron manager
Top of a meter pole.
Around here customers services don’t go on primary poles unless it’s POCO CT metering.
We have primary and secondary on same pole quite often, especially in cities/villages.

Rural is somewhat 50-50. There it can be common to see pole pig on the common line running along side road then a triplex drop into the yard to a "meter pole" but if that run is somewhat excessive length they will bring primary onto the property and put the pole pig on the "meter pole". It will usually cost the customer more, but I tell them they are better off doing that than running larger secondary, even though it takes some $$ from my install. Maybe not as big of a deal for a dwelling with little or no farm operations fed from same service, but have upgraded many farm operations services more than once because of growing load demand. Sometimes we now just put underground primary to a padmount from the start, then when they add more load all POCO has to do is swap the transformer, and I often have spare secondary conduits coming from the pad and might need to add another service disconnect once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.