split bolt connections in 320 amp meter base

Status
Not open for further replies.

enireh

I'm doing a 320 amp service for PEC feeding a 125 amp, and a 200 amp panel. They are telling me its ok to do my split bolt connections in the meter can. Load side will have 350 mcm downsizing to #1 copper for the 125 and 2/o copper for the 200. I would think a gutter is needed. PEC likes to instruct us on what they want and at the same time saying it has to comply with the NEC

Joe Villani

Without seeing the meter this may not be possible, but typically our 400/320 meter pans don't come with lugs and we supply them.

We just install a 2 conductor lug (either a double lug or a single rated for 2 conductors) and take both sets of service entrance conductors off the load side of the meter pan. No splices in the meter.

kwired

Electron manager
I agree with Joe, installing double barrel lugs in the meter seems like the best solution, most of these meters don't come with lugs either so it is just a matter of selecting what is needed.

I also have to question your using 2/0 for the 200 amp feed - unless maybe it feeds a dwelling and the other line feed an accessory building? If both are supplying an individual dwelling you have not met the requirements to be able to size per 310.15(B)(7).

Status
Not open for further replies.