Square D dead front covers for load centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I feel like this is new, because I've never seen them, but I noticed on the SqD website they offer a 2-piece dead front type cover for some load centers; 42 & 54 circuit QO, and 60 circuit Homeline.

norcal

Looks like panelboard fronts, pre CTL ITE Circuit Breaker Company Walker Div. ( early to mid 1960's) panels were similar they were pretty stout & had copper buss. The sheet metal was thinner then panelboard fronts though.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I hate SqD pricing! Those covers show from $550 to $850 just for the cover!
I know if you're in their preferred customer program you get better pricing but the difference they charge between preferred and non-preferred is ridiculous! So If I need something SQD, I either get it at Big Box or order on-line.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
I feel like this is new, because I've never seen them, but I noticed on the SqD website they offer a 2-piece dead front type cover for some load centers; 42 & 54 circuit QO, and 60 circuit Homeline.
They have used panel board boxes and fronts on some 400A load centers as far back as I can remember. The boxes are deeper so the wiring area is larger.

jimport

Occupation
Master Electrician
I know if you're in their preferred customer program you get better pricing but the difference they charge between preferred and non-preferred is ridiculous! So If I need something SQD, I either get it at Big Box or order on-line.

It would be better if the pricing shown was more realistic to what you can actually pay. I saw a panel listed at over $500. Supply house price $70.

Also the pricing for HD is based chain wide, but mine is based on my purchases, not what the supply house buys.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child

Those are list prices, which no one pays. I think it also said a 42 space load center was over $1k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.