stand-alone switcgear penetration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to All,
I have a stand-alone switchgear located in a mobile home park here in H.B. CA.
The existing sub-feeds come in thru bottom of enclosure, and spider web to various distribution points.
All are direct-burial THWN AL/conductors. A neutral in one of the runs failed, and left 5 units without power.
Had to enter gear underground into Utility-side of enclosure, due to many various problems.
The AHJ, Plan Check, and many other State Officials finally agreed, that this was the only application possible to restore power.
Utility has said, "hell no..take it out."
Do I have a leg to stand on, or is it worst-case-scenario in regards to Utility Inspector's athourity ?

BAHTAH

RV Park

RV Park

You may as well figure another way, the utility is not going to allow the installation for remain. Got to love that direct burial aluminum. I have done several RV Parks over the years and had one where the DB Al failed. My first words to the owner " get a backhoe".

stand-aloneswitchgear penetration

stand-aloneswitchgear penetration

Thank You Gentlemen,I have made the necessary repairs.Hopefully the POCO can rest easy, his precious cabinet is secure again.*Sparky out*" Electricians do it with frequency, because it Hertz so good!"

templdl

Hello to All,
I have a stand-alone switchgear located in a mobile home park here in H.B. CA.
The existing sub-feeds come in thru bottom of enclosure, and spider web to various distribution points.
All are direct-burial THWN AL/conductors. A neutral in one of the runs failed, and left 5 units without power.
Had to enter gear underground into Utility-side of enclosure, due to many various problems.
The AHJ, Plan Check, and many other State Officials finally agreed, that this was the only application possible to restore power.
Utility has said, "hell no..take it out."
Do I have a leg to stand on, or is it worst-case-scenario in regards to Utility Inspector's athourity ?

As a side bar if a neutral failed that may have cause untold damage to any 120v loads in the units one would have to think. That's serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.