standard disconnect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailelec

I recently took a licensure test. One of the items I missed was the size required for a motor disconnect. After a review of the test I know how it was determined. I cannot find in the NEC any reference to the "standard" sizes of disconnects(switches;not breakers or fuses).Any help?

hailelec said:
I recently took a licensure test. One of the items I missed was the size required for a motor disconnect. After a review of the test I know how it was determined. I cannot find in the NEC any reference to the "standard" sizes of disconnects(switches;not breakers or fuses).Any help?

I'm not sure what the question could be intending either.
"Poorly worded questions are par for the course."

The physical size of disconnects (and all electric gear) will vary based on the size of wire they are intended to accomodate.

What did YOU figure by:"After a review of the test I know how it was determined. "

jm1470

hailelec said:

I do believe that is general trade knoowledge I don't think you will find that in the code book. The standard sizes of fuse disconnects are 30 A, 60 A, 100 A, 200 A and 400 A. There are probably some bigger sizes and smaller ones. Not sure of the amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.