static Ups Vs Mains voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrics

Hİ, I wonder if the output of an static UPS is in synchronisation with the mains it is connected to? Best regards...

nollij

I would not assume it was unless it specifically stated so in the specifications (read those first).

Some use a bypass to take load off the battery so the battery can be removed while in service. The outputs are in sync with their input.

Also, just from this little snippet I am assuming you are talking about small UPS meant for computers and networking equipment.

dbuckley

In Europe right now, most UPSs sold are nominal 400V. They are used in countries where the mains is 380V, 400V, or 415V. When the UPS goes into bypass the voltage seen by the equipment changes. The supplied equipment doesn't care, its close enough and in spec.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
In Europe right now, most UPSs sold are nominal 400V. They are used in countries where the mains is 380V, 400V, or 415V. When the UPS goes into bypass the voltage seen by the equipment changes. The supplied equipment doesn't care, its close enough and in spec.

Local codes and regulations aside, those voltages are likely to discourage the DIYer or handyman from weekend tinkering!

Status
Not open for further replies.