Step lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterinbama

Has anyone here used the low voltage step lighting? I am doing a large custom home and the owner wants stairway lighting on the front steps. I have used the line voltage metal halides in the past and they last a long time (I just relamped and changed a few ballasts on some I put in as an apprentice in 1981 and the are in good shape) My problem with most low voltage stuff is it seems to be cheaply made, since these will be embedded in brick I want something that will last. Money is no object customer will buy what I recommend.

mdshunk

If it's going in masonry, just an FYI... many of these come with instructions to paint them with enamel or tar or something along those lines before the mason sets them in the brickwork or concrete pour.

Kramslod

I have had good luck with FOCUS brand landscape lights. They are pricey, but a good quality fixture.

If price comes into effect VistaPRo is another good alternative.

cadpoint

mdshunk said:
If it's going in masonry, just an FYI... many of these come with instructions to paint them with enamel or tar or something along those lines before the mason sets them in the brickwork or concrete pour.

Care to define this a little more. This stops the metal to the salts or calciums action ? I've never heard of secondary measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.