Stimulus money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikeindy

OK for all you contractors out there. Have you been getting your fair share of that stimulus money that the Government sent out? I have been and I haven't received my own check yet. My wife isin't happy about that. I can pretty much tell when a customer has decided to use there stimulus money with me, their budget seems to fit the family size for the stimulus package money. I hope the government does this again soon, I have found it....well.....stimulating.

mdshunk

bikeindy said:
OK for all you contractors out there. Have you been getting your fair share of that stimulus money that the Government sent out?
Being over the AGI cap, the wife and I didn't get a check, but I have a feeling a good bit of the work lately was inspired by the fact that people had this money in had. To that end, I guess I sorta received benefit from the stimulus money anyhow.

mdshunk

bikeindy said:
There is a cap, hmm, I didn't really look into this, I may be waiting a long time for my money, Oh well I have been getting it from others.
Jointly, if you're over 150K, it starts to reduce pretty fast by the amount you're over, until you don't get a check. Doesn't take much over 150 to not get a check at all, but I don't know what that exact number is. I heard from a guy that it was 172, but I can't say that for a fact. Sounds like you're getting yours on the back end anyhow, which is supposed to be how it's to work.

Mr.Sparkle

It is sent out in the order of the last 2 digits of your SS#, FYI mine ends in 43 and I got mine about a month ago, my finance's ends in 83 and her check arrived Friday.

480sparky

I think it also has something to do with how you filed (e-file or paper) and whether or not you got a refund of had to pay when you filed your '07 return. Direct deposit may have had something to do with e-filers.

I'm not holding out much hope of seeing one. I pay quarterly and never get a refund. There's probably some language in the bill that says "Any electrician who used the number 480 in their user name on an electricians' forum is exluded from this bill."

Mr.Sparkle said:
It is sent out in the order of the last 2 digits of your SS#, FYI mine ends in 43 and I got mine about a month ago, my finance's ends in 83 and her check arrived Friday.

Mine's 19.

ItsHot

"can,t hide money"

"can,t hide money"

mdshunk said:
Jointly, if you're over 150K, it starts to reduce pretty fast by the amount you're over, until you don't get a check. Doesn't take much over 150 to not get a check at all, but I don't know what that exact number is. I heard from a guy that it was 172, but I can't say that for a fact. Sounds like you're getting yours on the back end anyhow, which is supposed to be how it's to work.
Marc can't hide that money! Look at the suits he buys!:smile:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
not sure what the cap is, but I don't think I even qualify as middle class and I'm not getting a check; neither is my wife.

tonyou812

480sparky said:
I think it also has something to do with how you filed (e-file or paper) and whether or not you got a refund of had to pay when you filed your '07 return. Direct deposit may have had something to do with e-filers.

I'm not holding out much hope of seeing one. I pay quarterly and never get a refund. There's probably some language in the bill that says "Any electrician who used the number 480 in their user name on an electricians' forum is exluded from this bill."

Mine's 19.
I think they are afraid of your avatar.

iwire

Staff member
PAPER CHECKS

Last two SSN digits: Payments will be mailed no later than (and received a few days after):

00 through 09 - May 16

10 through 18 - May 23

19 through 25 - May 30

26 through 38 - June 6

39 through 51 - June 13

52 through 63 - June 20

64 through 75 - June 27

76 through 87 - July 4

88 through 99 - July 11

DIRECT DEPOSIT

Last two SSN digits: Payments will be transmitted no later than (and received by the end of the day of):

00 through 20 - May 2

21 through 75 - May 9

76 through 99 - May 16

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns Processed by April 15

nakulak

personally I can't think of anything more idiotic than the government going further into debt to "stimulate" the economy. All this is doing is delaying the inevitable , and pulling the wool over <whoever believes the BS>'s eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.