Strange transfer switch situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

We have relocated a 25kw gen. to a new site we are upgrading and I have ran into something that has me stumped. As said it is a 25kw 3ph 120/208v LP gas. The transfer switch is a Generac GTS 150 3ph 3 pole non-sds. we got every thing hooked up turned off utility power, gen. started, transferred and ran about 5 sec. and shut down on axu fault. Reset every thing and tried again same thing. Reset every thing this time I opened the main breaker on the MDP. Gen starts, transfers and every thing is good, correct voltage, no problem. Open all branch circ. close main, no problem Close branch breaker ph A that runs 18 new 4ft 2 tube t8 flor. fixtures, 8.7amp load,gen shuts down on fault. Reset every thing move light breaker to ph B. Kill utility, gen, starts, transfers and holds. turn on other loads on ph A no problem. Do it again with lights on ph C no problem. The only thing that will shut the gen. down on fault is having the lights on ph A. I installed the lights about 2 months ago and have been running on utility with no problem. :confused::confused::confused:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
It is a Genrac GTS 150 3ph 3pole

I got that Curtis, but a little late. You know we are a Generac dealer and I have nothing nice to say about the smaller equipment. I am not familiar with that ATS, sorry if I wasted your time.

Last edited:

ceb58

I got that Curtis, but a little late. You know we are a Generac dealer and I have nothing nice to say about the smaller equipment. I am not familiar with that ATS, sorry if I wasted your time.

No problem:grin: The trans. switch is a older unit that we removed from a building that no longer needs back up power.

Status
Not open for further replies.