Strictly Labor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshunk

tonyou812 said:
I absolutly agree, give him the labor rate with your mark up figured in ... What nerve.
The guy probably only has that "nerve" because he likely has other EC at other developments in other towns that are doing just that for him. He may think it's a completely normal thing to do.

celtic

I wouldn't blame the GC either.
He's found a way to be more profitable....it's not his fault some EC's enjoy mac & cheese for dinner every day, is it?

satcom

celtic said:
I wouldn't blame the GC either.
He's found a way to be more profitable....it's not his fault some EC's enjoy mac & cheese for dinner every day, is it?

"mac & cheese" well that's because your north of us, we have spam on a dinner roll, on a good week.

I worked for a guy, that had the boats, nice trucks, and all the toys, come to find out, his wife made high six figure income, his contracting work was making next to nothing.

celtic

satcom said:
I worked for a guy, that had the boats, nice trucks, and all the toys, come to find out, his wife made high six figure income, his contracting work was making next to nothing.

I think I worked with his brother....for some reason, he thought his salary bought thier mil+ home....he comes to find out during the divorce, his wife's company is a deep 6 figure money maker for her. He couldn't afford to "buy her out", so she bought his half ~ cash.

active1

Like others said don't do it.

They will get you the worst materials that take the longest to install.
You will end up using your own materials or waisting a few hours for some screws, odd fittings, etc. The chances of getting all the right material is slim.
Then theirs the game of "find the material in the house". Different parts all over the house mixed in with other things. I would bet you will still end up unloading a lot of material off the truck. Then with a development you will have lots of stuff in one house and will have to cary it down the street to the next place. Then they will want you to warrenty their garbage.

If you want this then tell them to give you a job application. At least then you will have some rights.

growler

solaeros said:

A development company asked me to bid "Labor only" costs for a group of homes they are getting ready to build. The total subdivision will be around 75 homes and there are 6 models to choose from ranging in size from 1500 to 3000 square feet. I have somewhat limited residential experience being mostly a commercial/ industrial electrician.

There are already plenty of residential contractors out there with experience in wiring this type of house. They will bid these as cheap as it's possible to bid them and still make a dime. There is no way to compete with these guys so stick with what you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.