Supplying network load

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Is it always absolutely necessary to parallel MV buses when supplying spot and secondary network feeders? No phase angle differences on the 138kv bus.

Certain scenarios will require a bus section to be taken out of service (network stays on through N-2) breaking the normally closed topology. I'd like to eliminate running bus or cable to tie the two ends together forming a ring.

Tony S

A parallel bus is designed for redundancy the same as parallel feeders.

Our 132kV site supply had interconnects for the 132kV, 33kV and 11kV busbars. A belt and braces expensive approach but secure. Furnaces full of solid iron due to a power failure are even more expensive.

Sahib

Unlike radial distribution, power supply could remain unaffected in one section for a fault in another section in a ring distribution.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
A parallel bus is designed for redundancy the same as parallel feeders.

Our 132kV site supply had interconnects for the 132kV, 33kV and 11kV busbars. A belt and braces expensive approach but secure. Furnaces full of solid iron due to a power failure are even more expensive.

Would you say two parallel busbars would be better over 6 busbars interconnected with tie breakers?

Unlike radial distribution, power supply could remain unaffected in one section for a fault in another section in a ring distribution.

I know- but being a network in theory it should survive with one section of busbar taken out. Issue is the phase angles resulting. Here is what I am dealing with:

Attachments

• network substation.jpg
    network substation.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 0

Sahib

I know- but being a network in theory it should survive with one section of busbar taken out. Issue is the phase angles resulting. Here is what I am dealing with:

What is the consequence of phase angles resulting? Can't you put back the section of busbar taken out or what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.