Supporting feeder in intermediate floor during construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeshesh

Good day all. I'd like to call on the opinion of the contractors and electricians on the forum most of whom have greater experience than I do.

We're working on a project where the electrical distribution uses a riser with a feeder that's tapped off to one panel on each floor. The building is a high rise and (typically) 3 panels are being tapped off one feeder, i.e. floors 1,2,3 are being served with a feeder whereas floors 4,5,6 will have another feeder and so on. The new work for this project will target only four floors in this eleven floor building. My question: In a case where an intermediate floor has no new work (i.e. new work on floors 1 & 3 but no work on floor 2) is the best way for maintain continuity to the 2nd floor panelboard to call for a temporary feed or is it more reasonable to somehow support the feeder in floor 1 as the walls and tiled ceiling are being demolished? I'm not sure if the latter is possible or how hard it would be to do - I'd appreciate someone explaining the method and the industry name for the grips/support items used to accomplish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.