Switched receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen any 15 amp recepticals that have an on/off switch incorporated into them similar to what they have in Australia and some other parts of the world? I’m looking for some to be installed in a kitchen but haven’t found anything designed for 110V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
white-leviton-electrical-outlets-receptacles-r62-t5225-0ws-64_1000.jpg

white-leviton-electrical-outlets-receptacles-r62-t5625-0ws-64_1000.jpg

white-leviton-electrical-outlets-receptacles-r92-gfsw1-0kw-64_1000.jpg

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Those switches don't operate the receptacle, at least what I've used don't. It's a receptacle AND a switch. The way I read the OP, he wanted them to switch the receptacle, I could be wrong.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
There is a breakable tab connecting one terminal of the switch to the receptacle line terminal. If you land your incoming hot on the other switch terminal, the switch will control the receptacle through the unbroken tab.

I was looking for something like this but designed to meet Canadian standards...

440px-Australian_Dual_Socket_Outlet.jpg

Im having a hard time uploading a picture so hopefully this works.

It has a small single switch for each outlet. Without utilizing one of the outlet spots for that switch.

If everyone looked they may have seen that this was the canadian forum...LOL

Yeah, I would like to have a couple switched outlets like this in my kitchen and shop, I don’t see them being banned in Canada, unless I’m missing something, but I can’t find them in a 110V configuration like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.