Switching 347volt VS Low Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmtjfw

I know it is less expensive to put in 347volt switches for warehouse lighting... and if permitted is safe to impliment, but what issues may arise from using 347 volts?

Lower voltage drop. Lower energy wasted in the feeder and branch circuits due to lower amperage reducing total cost of ownership. Perhaps smaller branch circuit and feeder conductors reducing initial installation cost.

powerplay

The Owner wanted 347volt outdoor wallpacks... for some reason the Contractor put in 120 volts ones. I found this out changing one. Approved fixtures and 347 volt would be the way to go, but why did the installer wire it 120volts?... amping up his $$$ cost?

As far as the switching goes, there are four bays that have separate Panels. We are thinking piping each bay of lights from each panel to allow for Tenant change without major lighting changes and control issues. One Client is taking all four bays and wants switches in one location. I am thinking bring the switch leg from each Bay light from separate panels into one box marked 4 separate panel ID#s with a relay switched low voltage because it is a Bakery with potential to get wet when they wash down.

Status
Not open for further replies.