synchronous generator redesign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abyig greel

Hello all i am trying to modify my four pole alternator to an eight pole alternator i just need some tips on how to go about that.
The stator has 36 slots
I want to make a single phase
i will try to maintain the original airgap
please i just need the basic calculations for the number of stator winding and also the field winding for 220 - 240 volts and for 3.5 kw

Phil Corso

Abyig Greel....

My tip... assuming you are talking about a salient-pole machine, you can get away with the the fact that the number of stator-slots is not divisible by 8. Unfortunately, you can't say the same for the rotor!

Regards, Phil Corso

Abyig greel

synchronous generator redesign

Abyig Greel.... My tip... assuming you are talking about a salient-pole machine, you can get away with the the fact that the number of stator-slots is not divisible by 8. Unfortunately, you can't say the same for the rotor! Regards, Phil Corso
Yes phil it is actually a salient pole machine with 4 poles so i am trying to convert it to 8 poles. It mustn't be a full pitch winding where angle on the stator must be equal to angle on the rotor but rather a Fractional pitch winding where angle on the stator must not be equal to angle on the rotor. What i meant by full pitch e.g for a four pole machine angle on the rotor = 360/4 =90 degree and for the stator 36/4 = 9 which also gives 90 degree winding. But for 8 pole 360/8 = 45 degree rotor pole to pole angle and 36/8 = 4.5 but i will use a 40 degree winding on the stator as you said the stator slot is not divisible by eight so i was thinking this winding pattern will work i.e using 4 slots per pole and not 4.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.