Status
Not open for further replies.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Thanks

Thanks

The production of T12 lamps and ballasts, except HO, is being phased out. There will still be bulbs available for awhile till stocks are depleted.

100W incandescents also.

75W and 60W in the future.

Here is one article

http://www.lamprecycling.com/articles/T12-phase-out/

Thanks for quick and informative response early on a sunday morning.

When I started seeing electronic ballasts for 8' T12 a while back, I jumped to the conclusion that T12's were going to be around for a while.

Should I recommend customer to stock up on T12's? Probably 50-75 existing fixtures.

jumper

Thanks for quick and informative response early on a sunday morning.

When I started seeing electronic ballasts for 8' T12 a while back, I jumped to the conclusion that T12's were going to be around for a while.

Should I recommend customer to stock up on T12's? Probably 50-75 existing fixtures.

You could, but I would recommend retro fitting to T-8s. I believe you can get energy tax savings for doing so.

The customer is going to have to do something at some point.

Stocking up on bulbs and ballasts is only a stop gap measure.

Electric-Light

You could, but I would recommend retro fitting to T-8s. I believe you can get energy tax savings for doing so.

The customer is going to have to do something at some point.

Stocking up on bulbs and ballasts is only a stop gap measure.

"stop gap" but the considering the life cycle of fluorescent, one set should be good for at least five years.

I would avoid getting the retrofit right around July. It's like getting air conditioner repaired in middle of the summer when there is a lot of work for the contractors, therefore you're not as likely to negotiate a better deal compared to when its really slow.

jiggawatt79

I like the response of changing to T8 as the ballasts go out. Does your utility company offer rebates. I know that here, many times, they cover 50 percent or more of the overall project. It helps sell the job, just saying.

broadgage

Here in the UK, production and import of T12 lamps is either prohibited, or soon will be, cant remember the date.
For some while, Slyvania had been the only EU lamp maker to produce these, and I understand that they have now ceased production.

Many UK type fittings will take a T8 lamp, but not all.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I like the response of changing to T8 as the ballasts go out. Does your utility company offer rebates. I know that here, many times, they cover 50 percent or more of the overall project. It helps sell the job, just saying.

That is a good question ,I wonder how long they will be selling T-12 ballasts ?

TNBaer

Depending on where you are the price for a retrofit may not adjust at all. In New York, for example, the utility runs the programs directly and pricing doesn't vary. And putting this off for too long could be a huge mistake. I was told by the utilities here in Oregon that rebates will not be available after this year. Many of these programs have an ROI from 12 - 18 months. Waiting is just kinda silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.