Take Some Pride in Your Products

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I want to believe that we're all out there not only trying to earn a living but trying to do the best and neatest job we possibly can. How much more work do you think you would get if you mounted an electrical panel that was obviously off-level ? The panels shown below are of a BRAND NEW Eaton 200-amp disconnect and a Milbank 200-amp meter enclosure. The disconnect cost me $259.00 and the meter enclosure $102.00. You would think the manufacturers could AT THE VERY LEAST put the labels on the covers LEVEL !!!

1717582973411.jpeg 1717582993312.jpeg

View attachment 2571946

4x4dually

Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Ex-Electrician
I'm assuming "Hecho en México" is your answer. We've had hell with a few products lately coming out of that country. Sensata bought out Crydom. Their Solidstate relays are made in Mexico, and they are complete crap. We are now having to Xray them upon receipt to weed out the shoddy internal assembly work so they will pass functional testing.

Occupation
Maintenance electrician / Pt licensed contractor
I completely agree! It's pretty sad how the products are showing up. It's not only their lower priced equipment either, $100k plus motor starters come the same way.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I with you, I have been totally noticing this lately. Especially since as a solar & battery contractor I have to put a on a lot of labels and placards and I put them on square. I've got two photos from yesterday where mine look great right next to the manufacturer's off-kilter one.

It would be pretty easy for them to make some kind of jig or template at the factory for this.

And it's not just the labels. The other week I took a Siemens subpanel out of a box and found that the enclosure itself had been welded together trapezoidally.

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
I'm assuming "Hecho en México" is your answer. We've had hell with a few products lately coming out of that country. Sensata bought out Crydom. Their Solidstate relays are made in Mexico, and they are complete crap. We are now having to Xray them upon receipt to weed out the shoddy internal assembly work so they will pass functional testing.
Oh goody. I have a project coming up with a very picky client that needs several DC-output SSR's, and Crydom's are the only ones that meet their spec. Too bad I don't have an X-ray machine to look. At least if they grenade on power-up, it'll be my fault.

SceneryDriver