Tamper resistant receptacles 406.12

reyamkram

Per 406.12 States receptacles in the areas specified in 406.12 1 through 8 shell B listed tamper resistant so does that mean if I install tamper resistant receptacles they must be listed or when I I replace old receptacles I need to install tamper resistant receptacles per 20/20 NEC is installing tamper-resistant receptacles mandatory to replace when I removed old receptacles thank you for any and all information

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Not likely you van get a non TR receptacle in 15-20 a 125 V. A replacement receptacle must meet current requirements for location, so may need to be TR, AFCI, GFCI, WR,

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Not likely you van get a non TR receptacle in 15-20 a 125 V. A replacement receptacle must meet current requirements for location, so may need to be TR, AFCI, GFCI, WR,
Lots of 15 and 20 amp duplex non-TR receptacles on the shelves at the local big box stores.

shortcircuit2

Per 406.12 States receptacles in the areas specified in 406.12 1 through 8 shell B listed tamper resistant so does that mean if I install tamper resistant receptacles they must be listed or when I I replace old receptacles I need to install tamper resistant receptacles per 20/20 NEC is installing tamper-resistant receptacles mandatory to replace when I removed old receptacles thank you for any and all information
406.4(D)(5) requires replacement to be TR where required. Don't forget AFCI per 406.4(D)(4)