Tanning Salon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmanda24

A good friend of mine is buying a Tanning Salon and asked me to do an electrical inspection, I would like to develop a sort of checklist to when I do the inspection.
What would be the things to inspect in this tanning salon to make sure he is not buying an "electric lemon"?
I appreciate all your help

mdshunk

The #1 violation I see is a 120 volt duplex receptacle for the T-Max or other bed management system tapped off the 30 or 40 amp circuit that serves each bed. I would also check to see that the service size jives with the calculated load of all the beds. Since it's getting to be fall, that's a good time to sell a tanning biz, since most parlor's have WAY undersized air conditioning. The AC load in these places is huge in the summer. About 1-ton per bed, plus whatever the normal head load would be for the space if it's empty. Not really electrical per se, but something to think about since most parlors aren't adequately air conditioned. Also, you might also want to check that they're using buck-boost transformers, if required, for each bed. Most bed manufacturers want 230 volts, plus or minus almost nothing. A 240 service would need bucked, and a 208 service would need boosted for each bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.