Telephone Terminal board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny B.

Occupation
Electrical Engineer 1
I have a client asking me about the mounting height of a telephone terminal board that I am showing on my electrical plans. The equipment is mounted on 24"x36" CDX plywood painted with three coats of fire retardant paint. And yes I sadly do not know what the mounting height should be or the height of the receptacles. I looked up in the NEC and I did not find anything for the height that the telephone board should be mounted. Does anyone know if there are rules or code of mounting heights for telephone terminal boards?

masterinbama

I have a client asking me about the mounting height of a telephone terminal board that I am showing on my electrical plans. The equipment is mounted on 24"x36" CDX plywood painted with three coats of fire retardant paint. And yes I sadly do not know what the mounting height should be or the height of the receptacles. I looked up in the NEC and I did not find anything for the height that the telephone board should be mounted. Does anyone know if there are rules or code of mounting heights for telephone terminal boards?
Ask his IT guy.

As for fire retardant paint, I just by the fire treated plywood.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Yes 6 ft to top did a telephone/fire alarm backboard, with fire retardant paint tinted gray to match other cabinets. This was in a water treatment facility out in the common area.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Agreed^^. Electrical receptacles, I usually locate them near the bottom of the backboard or maybe down one side. You want to leave as much room as possible for equipment.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.