ten motor leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

swandogz

NEED HELP WITH A MOTOR THAT HAS TEN MOTOR LEADS. THEY ARE NUMBERED ONE THROUGH TEN. T-8 GOES TO A CAPACATOR AND THE OTHER SIDE OF CAPACITOR IS PARRELLED WITH T-10 (FROM THE MOTOR AND OUT TO FIELD CONNECTIONS. T-6 GOES TO ANOTHER CAP AND LEAVES OTHER SIDE OF CAP MARKED T-6 AGAIN (ANOTHER FIELD CONNECTION).T-1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T7, T9 ARE THE OTHER FIELD CONNECTIONS. MY VOLTAGE IS 208 SINGLE PHASE. PLEASE HELP AS NO DIAGRAM PRESENT AND I CAN'T FIND INFO ON WEB.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP
DONNIE STEGALL
swandogz@bellsouth.net

sjaniga

Re: ten motor leads

are the leads factory numbered with T's, is there any possibility two could be P1 and P2?
And What brand is it?

Ed MacLaren

This is the nearest to what you described that I can find.

It is for a dual-voltage 115 - 230 volt, single phase motor, but I notice that only 10 of the leads are used on the 230 volt connection.

(EDIT) Sorry, I thought it was similar to yours, but I noticed you have a T-10.

Conn.gif

Ed

[ March 30, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Ed MacLaren ]

swandogz

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP.
I LOOKED IN AN OLD BOOK HERE AT HOME AND FOUND WIRING DIAGRAM FOR HIGH AND LOW VALUE CAPACITOR MOTORS WITH START AND RUN WINDINGS. YOU PARALLEL THE START AND RUN CAPS AND "SERIES AND/OR PARALLEL THE HIGH AND LOW CAPS WITH AN INTERNAL CENTRIFUGAL SWITCH.

swandogz

WHOOPS.
PARALLEL THE START AND RUN WINDINGS, NOT CAPS. THEN THE AND/OR WIRING OF CAPS THROUGH THE CENTRIFUGE SWITCH.
AND I KNOW I CAN'T SPELL.
THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.