TES-3600 Harmonic Clamp Meter power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chedore

GANEX
Occupation
Electromecanical technician, Automation Technician
Hello everyone!

Right now I have some kind of intermittent problem with our TES-3600 Power Analyser. 20221028_135726.jpg I used it for a whole day with brand new batteries to power the testing tool without any problems. Next day, it turns on for a few minutes and then it stops working, won't turn on again. I tried opening it up to see if there was any loose connections inside but everything seems fine. I tried changing the batteries, no success. Then I tried opening it up again, unplugging all the power sources from the battery compartment into the board for a while and success! It turned on for a few minutes, then it died again, won't turn on. 20221028_140023.jpg 20221028_140009.jpg Cue me opening it up again for a third time, changing the memory battery and turning it on. Same result. 20221028_140114.jpg I also tried plugging it into an AC socket using the provided 12V adapter without success. When taking voltage on +/- from the battery module, I read 12.7V going into my power plugs.

I tried contacting TES in Taiwan, nobody picks up the phone nor reply emails. Right now I'm waiting on some repair centres answers to know if anyone can repair this kind of equipement.
20221028_140117.jpg 20221028_140133.jpg

If anyone ever had this kind of intermittent problem with some battery powered equipment, any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone notice anything wrong on the circuits that I missed, pointing it out would make my day!

Thanks everyone for your time. Best Regards,

-Fred

synchro

Occupation
EE
I wonder if there's any way to tell whether it could be turning ON but the display is not working? Perhaps by measuring the DC current from the battery when the ON/OFF button is pushed?

chedore

GANEX
Occupation
Electromecanical technician, Automation Technician
I wonder if there's any way to tell whether it could be turning ON but the display is not working? Perhaps by measuring the DC current from the battery when the ON/OFF button is pushed?
That's a good thought, problem is there's an audible BEEP when it is normally turned ON, which I don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.