The DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoppdude

Hi, I have been reading Mikes NEC book, 2005, and recently started the 2008 exam book. Both are excellent, but at the end of the work day it is hard to stay focused, both mentally and visually. Do any of you who have used the DVD's to the books think they help understand the material, or would be a good assist to understanding the books? Also, Mike is right about the eye strain issue. I did not think it would apply to me, but I am at that age were my vision is changing, and the words do get blurry. Thanks for the responses.

knoppdude

Thank you SG-1, It may be a few months, but I will purchase the calculation DVD's, I think they will give me the motivation to open the books, plus it may clarify points I am too dim to pick up on my own. Also, I can't emphasize the eye care as I was warned about. I am making an appointment tomorrow to see an eye doc. I am self employed, and lucky to be working, and with the help of Holt's products, which I believe improve my marketability, I hope to grow in the trade, and never harm anyone through poor electrical work. I have taken and passed Colorados Journeyman test years ago, and I thought it was a fairly demanding test, CA's test, which is weak, but a step in the right direction, and the CA contractors test, also weak. The real test is the daily work I do, and there have been many days when I have applied something that I only read about the night before. Ok, I am done babbling.

drakesprigs

DVD store?

DVD store?

Where can i buy these DVD's? Can it purchased through amazon.com?

I . . . want to have my license.

Last edited by a moderator:
DVD's are great

DVD's are great

I purchased the whole master electricians prep course about four yrs ago. I had worked as a helper for a few years, went and tried something else, and six yrs ago i got back into the trade.with no formal training, there was lots of stuff that I had no idea about. So 4 yrs ago i started from the basics, theory, then moved into the understanding the NEC videos, and through all the calculations, practice tests , and now i'm even rewatching some of the videos. Next week i will take the NJ contractors exam. I feel confident, about my understanding of the NEC, and have learned a great deal from these videos.They are definitely worth the investment

cadpoint

Hi... Also, Mike is right about the eye strain issue. I did not think it would apply to me, but I am at that age were my vision is changing, and the words do get blurry.

You need to see a Doctor of Optometry, which is an optometrist.
They should test a lot more of your eyes, dilation, and pressure test. I was also told I have night blindness, street lights act like stars. I had fifty questions when I went to see mine for the first time, and learned a lot, don't be shy.

They might even spot a heart condition.

I never wore glasses; the stress on my eyes was due to my head still growing as most people do, as the Doctor said. I've lost the first three feet, helped alone with years of drafting, and precision work (cough).

What Mike is saying is not uncommon for people to experience since most of his students are later in life. Depending on your reading and work habits you might even be suggested to have two different pairs, as mine did.

Since you have some of his books I can only suggest and adopt his outlines for study habits as well.

Hope that helps and Good Luck!

sparky723

PSI Tests

PSI Tests

Has anyone taken the PSI Master Exam for Texas?

I take mine Aug. 14 and wondered how it compared to the ICC test.

jsharvey

I Next week i will take the NJ contractors exam. I feel confident, about my understanding of the NEC, and have learned a great deal from these videos.They are definitely worth the investment

I may be a little behind, busy the last few weeks but, Good Luck on the test Wyrepullr.

Status
Not open for further replies.