The Great Craigslist Experiment Of '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawnGuyLandSparky

Is this one of yours?

Our professional team includes a Painter, Plumber, Tile man and Electrician.
Free Consultation and Estimates!

Highly Skilled and experienced Electrician's available for any type of job small or large, all residential and commercial installations. New and old construction.

Best price and service guaranteed! Our rates are low, affordable for any budget.

We speak English, Russian.
From full renovations to small repairs we are here for you!
Call now at

480sparky

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
Is this one of yours?

Our professional team includes a Painter, Plumber, Tile man and Electrician.
Free Consultation and Estimates!

Highly Skilled and experienced Electrician's available for any type of job small or large, all residential and commercial installations. New and old construction.

Best price and service guaranteed! Our rates are low, affordable for any budget.

We speak English, Russian.
From full renovations to small repairs we are here for you!
Call now at

That's a lead service such as Service Magic.

macmikeman

I find myself currently stuck waiting for a couple of jobs to get framed up. So last week for the first time I posted a pretty good ad on CL and made sure to assure the public they would be getting a proper licensed and insured and experienced contractor. The one and only call so far came from a guy looking to do a tenant buildout of about a thousand sq. foot at our largest mall. Problem- he leaves a number for me to call and answering machine identifies it as an electrical contractor. I call his other number just to see what's up. He starts rapping. He needs my price by the next night (this was yesterday, - Sat.). I asked him since he identified himself as an electrical contractor why he needs my bid. He says he is "sort of in a partnership" with one of the local large FA companys. When they get too busy to handle all the jobs they like him to "go get the extra ones done". My response, though polite was mostly - "so your an unlicensed guy who wants my bid, and permit, which you will then bill the legit general contractor for my work, (in theory I have no problem with this tact, except it is highly illegal in my state to support this stuff), and pretend you were the real "contractor" on the job. Sorry pal... can't help ya. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.