THE NEXT BIG BUILDING SURGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bclymer

So what sayest thou? Where do you think the next big building craze will be? Everything points to the economy getting better. The West? The Midwest? The South? The North? I'm kinda hopin for an upsurge here in the North, we are overdue for it, not having any real hypothesis for that other than "I HOPE"

wayne123

Re: THE NEXT BIG BUILDING SURGE?

Residential wiring is going crazy here in NC. Can't understand why, there have been many textile plant closings and thousands of jobs lost in recent months. Where are all these people working? I have a feeling something bad is going to happen to the residential construction business if we don't get some big high paying companies in this area (Greensboro).

pcoleman

Re: THE NEXT BIG BUILDING SURGE?

Here's what I think. Manufacturing jobs that are low end, smoke stack jobs are permanately gone. (Ross Perot was right, that sucking sound was those jobs going south of the boarder) That being said, I worry for those who earned a living that way.

Technology jobs are becoming the next wave of export jobs. (specific ethnic groups removed) are all capable and willing to do the jobs we coveted for so long for less $. Handwriting iis on the wall for that one. Get ready you technology areas. It will stay tough for the forseeable future.

So where will it be good? Services. Financial (need to take care of those retiring baby boomers). Retirement destinations. Health care (we are an aging population). Home maintenance and downsizing (condos). Wealth transfer from one generation to the next.

Just got called to supper, more later.

[ November 08, 2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: bill addiss ]

Status
Not open for further replies.