The old "catch 22"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

Do you guys have this in your area? Around here if the power is off at a house for more then 6 months the POCO won't turn it back on without a statement and in a lot of cases an electrical permit stating everything is OK to energize. Of course, the power is off, so what can you check? In most cases we look at the grounding and the panel. If a property has been vandalized that's easy to see. This latest one is a condo, so I would think the only thing we could check is the panel, take a look look around, and sign the paper, $275.00 thank you very much:D

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
I believe what is intended is that the utility wants the service treated like a new installation, meaning that the current utility service requirements must be met, i.e. the service may require an upgrade to the most recent codes and standards. Basically, they are treating it as if it is a new install and therefore current NEC and local codes apply, and also inspected by AHJ.

Since you are inspecting it, you better do whatever you need to because you are essentially taking responsibility for the installation and most likely, will require a decent amount of work.

The inside wiring is another subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.