the playing field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody got the book:

LEVELING THE PLAYING FIELD; THE GENERAL CONTRACTOR AND YOU;;;;; BY MICHAEL SAMMARITANO.

Before the tread get's off to the wrong track. The title of the book sounds shady. One should not take advantage of "HOME OWNERS".

With that said, General contractors know the rules and work the rules. Anything that give's me an edge I want. I do good work for the right price, to get the job. If you have a line on the rule maker's that works too. If you pay juice to get the job fine, because by paying the juice let's that my family eat for the next month AND pay?s other people?s wages??.

robwire

I had 2 books by him that were given too me as gifts,The productive electrican and Electrical Contracting. They are both worthless rubish.Exact copies of one another worded a little different.I kinda got the feeling he is just an EC who retired and realized he needed a little extra money so he wrote a few books. I think that there are alot better books out there to read if you want some business advice.

ultramegabob

Anybody got the book:

LEVELING THE PLAYING FIELD; THE GENERAL CONTRACTOR AND YOU;;;;; BY MICHAEL SAMMARITANO.

Before the tread get's off to the wrong track. The title of the book sounds shady. One should not take advantage of "HOME OWNERS".

With that said, General contractors know the rules and work the rules. Anything that give's me an edge I want. I do good work for the right price, to get the job. If you have a line on the rule maker's that works too. If you pay juice to get the job fine, because by paying the juice let's that my family eat for the next month AND pay?s other people?s wages??.

I dont understand a thing your saying, sorry... :confused:

satcom

I don't pay juice. Just drink it.:D

I agree, paying crooked political officials to secure work, is just another example of one of the things we all need to clean up. Pay to Play is nothing more then theft, packed up, in neat legal documents.

ITO

We call it Lagniappe (lan-yap) here AKA a kickback.

If you pay juice to get the job fine, because by paying the juice let's that my family eat for the next month AND pay?s other people?s wages...

No, it's not fine, its illegal and defrauds the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.