The stupidity was just oozing out of my phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Back in August of 2019, I roughed in a ½ bath / powder room remodel. The builder gutted the room, I retasked the existing lighting circuit for a new vanity light and exhaust fan, and brought a new 20a circuit in for the bath circuit. After I roughed it all in, I submitted a 70% draw. Got paid in a couple days.

Three weeks later, the HO calls me on a Friday afternoon, stating I needed to stop by Saturday and trim it out. Sorry.... I don't do evening and weekend work unless it's an emergency. She said she needed it done as her son was coming from out-of-town to visit. I said Wednesday would be the earliest I could get there. She said her son would finish it then. After all, she says he's an electrician. OK, fine... let him. I've been paid. And now there's no warranty concerns.

------

Fast forward to yesterday. The HO calls and says there's no power in the outlet in the bathroom. I suggest she checks the GFCI and see if it's tripped. She pauses, and then (slowly) says she thinks that's been checked. I then tell her to check the breaker.

Crickets.

Finally, she asks where the breaker is. I tell her it's in the panel in the utility room in the basement, right under the powder room. Walk in, and it's on your right. Then she asks which breaker it will be. I told her I wouldn't know as I never installed a breaker.

"You mean you didn't finish your part of the job?!!?" she asked. I told her I don't install breakers during rough-in because someone could turn it on before the circuit is finished and that would create a shock hazard.

"OK, so I'll ask my son....."

So......... it took her 18 months to figure out there's no power in that GFCI her 'electrician' son installed? And her 'electrician' son never checked the GFCI for proper function?

face-palm-through-the-generations

I might have to purchase a new phone with all the stupidity that was oozing out of it.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Whenever I hear "you need to..........., I need you to......., etc." especially for short notice, evening, or weekend, I suddenly become extremely busy!

She said she needed it done as her son was coming from out-of-town to visit.

Uggg that brings out such much hate, anger and frustration. Cant tell you how many times I hear stuff like that: "I'm having a wine and cheese party tonight and my porch light doesnt work, can you come now and fix it?" I am sure your wine and cheese party will go just fine without the stupid porch light working. I am pretty sure humans have been having wine and cheese parties for thousands of years before electricity:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.