"The White Book"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am studying for electrical inspectors test, and they say I need the Ul standard on electrical equipment. It was referred to as ?the White book?. I have been to site and called, but unfortunately they are not positive which book this is. They think they know, but not sure. I do not want to order and study wrong book. Can anyone out there offer any help?

dillon3c

Re: "The White Book"?

doc,I've look in the site..I can't find it.I've heard it can be downloaded.I've got a 'puter to printer problem,and don't want to use up needed hard-drive space.Would like to purchase copy of book itself.Can't find any #'bers for it..

charlie

The UL White Book is online, it is free at IAEI meetings, or it may be purchased. If you use it online, check the box"Display Guide Information only" or you will get a lot of information that you do not want. :D

sandsnow

electricaldoc
A standard and a directory (white book) are two different things.

A manufacturer makes a product to conform to a standard and obtains a listing.

The manufacturer is then "listed" in a product directory.

A normal directory is organized by product category (molded case circuit breakers); then describes or summarizes how the the product is evaluated; then lists the manufacturers and their products.

White books are $30 dollars to the public and free to AHJ's and at IAEI meetings (if the UL guy has any) You may be able to talk them out of a free one since you're studying to be an inspector.

Do NOT order the book in Joe's link.
Go here:
http://www.ul.com/info/uldirs.htm

scroll down and the book you want is "Code R"

The phone is on that page and the order form is linked.

Good Luck on your test

joe tedesco

Larry:

The UL White book will be useful, and I agree, but the information I mentioned was not a book, it is a "UL Electrical Toolkit" CD with over 2 dozen files of guides and the "White Book."

[ February 20, 2005, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: joe tedesco ]

charlie

The UL Electrical Toolkit on CD-ROM was also available free at the Western Section and the Indiana State IAEI meetings. :D

ryan_618

We hosted the NorthWest (IAEI) Section meeting this year, and as chairman of the chapter education commitee, I had the job of assisting the instructors. Mark Ode and Chuck Mello gave me the entire UL book set, along with about 30 copies of the white book to give to students of my classes. If you have never met the gentlemen I named above, don't miss the chance to do so. They are both class act guys.

jwelectric

The CD was available at the Southern Sectional IAEI meeting in Wilmington, NC as well as the 2004 White Book. Mark Ode gave me a box of fliers about different things. He is always eager to help with anything he can and is never to busy to take time to speak with me. He is a great asset to our trade and we are privileged to have him as part of the code making process. I am looking forward to see him, as well as some of you, again at the NC Electrical Institute to be held at the North Raleigh Hilton, Raleigh, NC, April 5-6, 2005.

charlie

I agree with you Ryan, I call both of them friends just like I do you (Mark and his wife both play golf better than I do though). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.