Drip-Pan2.jpg

Drip-Pan3.jpg

Drip-Pan4.jpg

Drip-Pan5.jpg

Drip-Pan6.jpg

iwire

Staff member
stickboy1375 said:
Looks like the duct guys had a nice extra on that job...

Yeah I agree.

but seriously, WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

I don't know, these are electric rooms in a supermarket, it's a chain and I have been literally 150+ of there stores. This is the only one I have seen like this.

Picture 9 really shows how stupid this was.

Drip-Pan9.jpg

Yeah thats a 2" sprinkler pipe running at least 6' away from the two disconnects.

Why not protect the fixture as well, you already buried the horn strobe.

Did you also notice how the 'drip pans' run into the working space. :mad: At least one person involved here was a MORON!

nakulak

watch some other inspector will come through there and then make them add sprinkler drops under the drip pans lol

I look at the photo #7 and #8

Man what the tinner is thinking with it.

on photo #7 if you open the enclosere you can't able swing full 90? at all for safety reason.

on Photo #8 how come the tinner have to run the tin that low and cover part of wireway and if have to open them up it will be pain in butt with that one.

Merci, Marc

360Youth

Say WHAT!! Sorry, you made me say it. :grin: Somebody convinced the inspector this was a good idea and better install. Maybe he was new or a temp. We have a situation here where a Supercenter is being built and they are having to bring in an outside inspector because noone in the town is qualified for such a project. We also have a situation where a town decided to fire everybody back in the fall and they are just now beginning to recouperate from that.

e57

OK - whats with the range hoods???? :grin:

In pic 2 is that buss duct - or just duct?

Anyway - it appears to me that the other trades and especially the GC do not read the NEC - and there was a lack of coordination and information sharing on the project. Maybe someone should have taken the master set and red lined the area with something to the effect of "Electrical Only - Floor to cieling damn it - I mean it!!" :grin: (Or maybe just the code ref.) And make a copy for all trades - project wide distribution etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.