Thinking about Training Options for Solar

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryLo

I've read a great deal about the growth of the solar industry and think it would be an easy transition from electrical work.
Apparently there are some certifications I need to gain first. Any tips on how to go about preparing for these certs? Can I study on my own or is it a classroom type thing? Any advice?

MarDelMar

Resources for you

Resources for you

You're right it is an easy transition to move into the solar field, which as you say is growing. There are a number of options for you to get into it. NABCEP is a national certification that is preferred by most solar installation companies, but not required. So it's up to you whether you want to get that credential. It certainly helps.

I personally have experience with CleanEdison, who holds all kinds of solar professional training courses all over the country and they gear their courses toward NABCEP certification, which is good. I was able to complete a course in a week and pass the exam with no problem. Plus the instructor was very knowledgeable so I would recommend it.

I found this guide for getting into solar on their website which would be useful for you.

TerenceForts

I've read a great deal about the growth of the solar industry and think it would be an easy transition from electrical work.
Apparently there are some certifications I need to gain first. Any tips on how to go about preparing for these certs? Can I study on my own or is it a classroom type thing? Any advice?

I think you have opted for right option to move in solar industry sector.. I will be on boom in coming years..

Status
Not open for further replies.