This code allegiance must stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Okay, I better get back to work. Lighting retrofit job in Sisterdale, Texas. Changing T-12 fixtures to T-8. Should save the customer some money on her electric bill.
Never had a callback in six years as an EC, I just don't need a book to tell me how.
Now here's your word for the day:
punctilious.

Of course we don't need a book to tell us how. We have the Internet. Which, I have the suspicion, was the place you found the word, 'punctilious'.

Or...did you use a real Thesauraus?

:p

__dan

Banned
The NEC is simply a guideline, written by stuffy union goons and manufacturer's representatives and their attorneys. We know what works, and citing certain sections of the latest code does not make you a better electrician, it exposes you as a rule-following sycophant.

When I get some time, l'll read this thread.

But, while I have your attention, there's a glow in the sky to my west. Is that something you wired?

... or disabled the safety device of ...

BTW, I'm offering cut rate pricing on root canals and brain surgery. I beat your best price. I also finance the operation, if you own property.

Last edited:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
When I get some time, l'll read this thread.

But, while I have your attention, there's a glow in the sky to my west. Is that something you wired?

... or disabled the safety device of ...

BTW, I'm offering cut rate pricing on root canals and brain surgery. I beat your best price. I also finance the operation, if you own property.

Sorry, but I can't help myself here.

Q: What do they call an electrician that follows the NEC to the letter?

A: The worst electrician allowed by law.

:p

Forgive me.

Your books sound pretty good. Are they on the Internet, or just hard copy?

"The Classic Electrician Pose" is the only comedic novel ever written about electricians and their work.
From the blurb: "Follow the Adventures of Travis McKluskey as he makes his way through the Dallas, Texas construction landscape."
Travis is a hard-drinker and a great foreman, and his apprentice likes to worry over box offsets and ridiculous 180 degree bends. Lots of great characters we all know.
"Blood on the Porcelain" is much more personal, but has better jokes, like these:
How do you spot a good electrician? A good electrician can smoke two joints, drink two quarts of beer, and play two games of pool in thirty minutes.
'Cause that's how long they have for lunch.
What's the d
ifference between sprinkler-fitters and pipe-fitters? Pipe-fitters parents were married.

Status
Not open for further replies.