This is your brain on power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Besoeker

W

But rate of change of power is something that almost never comes up, and it's a lame attempt to find a gnat's penis worth of redeeming value in an earlier post that was actually just a mistake.
I would.t have quite put it that way............:D

Besoeker

Except that you took it one step farther and said, effectively, that the rate of change of a rate could not exist.
Actually, I didn't. Acceleration due earth's gravitational field is 9.81m/sec/sec. At the earth's surface I should add. That's an obvious example.
But, in the context of the OP, it is about the power used by the human brain. Not the rate at which that changes.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Actually, I didn't. Acceleration due earth's gravitational field is 9.81m/sec/sec. At the earth's surface I should add. That's an obvious example.
But, in the context of the OP, it is about the power used by the human brain. Not the rate at which that changes.

A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.
M: What?!
A: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

drcampbell

Occupation
Registered Professional Engineer
duty_calls.png

https://www.xkcd.com/386/

Personal note: xkcd is well worth reading. Highly recommended.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
What did I miss?

But rate of change of power is something that almost never comes up, and it's a lame attempt to find a gnat's penis worth of redeeming value in an earlier post that was actually just a mistake.

Yes, but that is not what the original topic is about.
It's average power for the brain.

I wouldn't have quite put it that way............:D

Since when has that made any difference to us? :D

Actually, I didn't. Acceleration due earth's gravitational field is 9.81m/sec/sec.

A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.
M: What?!
A: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

is there a lot of wattage here?

power? well, that is work done over time.....

The unit of power is the Watt (W), which is equal to a Joule per second (J/s)

heres my 6 watts worth: one Jules for six seconds:

https://youtu.be/FORtwA2lsjM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.